Mar 14, 2008

Making Memories

Easter
It's message... hope
It's meaning... life
It's reason... love

Headed home for the Easter holiday today with my grandson Nathan and his Mom and Dad. It's always fun to get together with family and celebrate back East. I can't even imagine what the trips will be like with 5 more grandchildren on future trips.

Some of my favorite Easter memories:

  • Going to church (JR Miller Presbyterian) with Mom Powell
  • Visiting the Easter bunny at down town Strawbridges & Clothier
  • My 3 Easter baskets (same 3 every year)
  • Dying Eggs
  • Cobbs Creek Park coming back to life after a cold winter
  • Easter dinner at Mom Bardsleys with all my cousins and my hollow chocolate bunny from her
  • My first pair of stockings for church in 7th grade from Mom Powell (they were pink)
  • My duck Donald
  • And my too many to count rabbits
  • New shoes and 2 beautiful Spring dresses, one for Easter and one for Psalm Sunday
  • And my all time favorite....PEEPS!!! Going to 5 & 10 and buying clearance peeps after Easter, the older and chewier the better

1 comment:

amy said...

aren't you cute + not too freaked out over the gigantic bunny:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...