Dec 20, 2007

Cardington Stonehurst


















Christmas at 6653 Church Lane in 1950, we lived here until 1960. The longest I ever lived any where. I grew up in a world that seemed perfect, a great neighborhood, the best of friends, and a wonderful family that loved me.


















My dog Willy was a part of our family as far back as I can remember, part Airdale and part Dalmamtion, he was an amazing and intelligent dog. On weekends he would go through Cobbs Creek Park to my Grandmothers in Fernwood and visit, always returning home. On a foggy night in 1959, he didn't return home, we never found him.
I don't really remember the doll but I'll never forget that horse, been looking for one like it since my kids were born.

My Grandfather Powell (Pop)bought me my Lionel trains for my first Christmas and there was never a year on Church Lane that my Dad didn't put them up for me.

4 comments:

amy said...

I love christmas memories:) I remember a wooden horse that I had. There is video of me riding it + falling off!

Jaime Ann said...

Christmas is a time to remember why we are blessed. I tend to think of xmas at 703 N Demaree. One of the longest places I ever lived. I still want blue lights some year.

Jacki said...

If it was a rocking horse with a rope tail, it was one uncle emil and i sent you

Anonymous said...

your moving up in the world , Jacki. You have three big dogs now!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...