Jun 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Sarah







Today is my niece's birthday. I remember my brother having big birthday parties for her in their back yard. Over the years of never living back East, I was only able to make one. There were so many things I have missed. Sarah is my only niece on my side of the family. She is an amazingly talented and beautiful young lady. I hope some day we will have the opportunity to really get to know each other. It seems the older we get the further our families have drifted apart. Miles don't have to separate people, but not keeping in touch does.
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them - work, family, health, friends, and spirit - and you're keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls - family, health, friends, and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. And I miss Sarah and her family.

2 comments:

Jaime Ann said...

I remembered it was her bday too. We share the same number but different month. You mention how much you miss them often...I am sorry you are not close. I can't imagine not being there for my brothers but understand why you can't.

amy said...

She is a sweetie. Wish her the best for me:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...