Aug 2, 2008

Are we ever comfortable?

It has been awhile since I have been posting, July was a very busy month and just flew by. So this weekend I am trying to get caught up on blogging and my house chores. Keeping my priorities in order, you can see I'm at the computer first...

Today Emil and I had lunch at a Chinese Restaurant in Fresno and my fortune was right on, "In life, it's good not to get too comfortable".

Life and events are constantly changing, some are controllable, most in my life are not. But, I guess it is how you adjust to these changes as to whether you get to be comfortable, if even for only a little while. I often need to remind myself that there is a purpose for every little twist in my life's path. Just this past month there were changes in both my East coast home and my West coast home. They are not the first and will certainly not be the last, but none the less, they effect my life and my comfort levels.

I fully believe we need to be aware of our past to guide ourselves through the present and into our future. My strong family ties to PA and NJ are always a part of my present and most of my memories are forged with the past there. But the older I get, the more I feel my future will also be intertwined with this area.

Originally this trip was to go to a family reunion from Emil's side, but because of airfares and schedules we were unable to make it on time. This, my recent Black & White blog and emails from Emil's family about the reunion, have started me digging more into our Clifton Heights past. But enough of my ramblings, I will start posting some of my family findings on my blogs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud to be part of this ever growing family. Such a good looking group of people!
*most VIP in life is family..every thing else will fall into order behind your love of your family!
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...