Nov 22, 2007

So much to be thankful for then...

All of my Thanksgiving memories were at My (Great) Aunt Helen's (Ackermann) home. Thursday morning was saved for the Macy's day parade and then off to Philadelphia, (Nassau Ave) to spend the day at my Aunt Helen and Uncle Harold's home. My Daddy, Pop Powell and Uncle Harold would watch football all day on TV (black & white). Sometimes my Aunt's friend Jimmy would join them for the games. My Mother, Mom Powell and Aunt Helen spent the day in the kitchen. She had a big, beautiful, bright kitchen and it smelled so good. Every hour or so my Dad would lift the Turkey out of the oven for it's unveiling and basting. No microwaves or frozen food then. Most of my day was spent on the front sun porch playing with my dolls and napping. I always loved my Aunt's bubble light tree at the base of the steps. No cousins on this side of the family, my Mom was an only child. But when we sat at the table for this delicious meal and gave Thanks to God, everything always seemed right in my world.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

So much to be Thankful for now....
Now we have this large family and the house is overflowing with fun and love. My table isn't big enough, my kitchen is small and I don't have a sun room but my life is wonderful and I thank God for his blessing on our family and friends.

3 comments:

Jaime Ann said...

All I know is that your family made the best egg nog I have ever had in my life and would kill for that recipe. Especially now that I can drink again...whooo hooo no more breastfeeding...lol

Jaime Ann said...

Need room for three high chairs next year...lol

Jacki said...

The eggnog you are refering to is my Uncle Bub's, Bonnie and Patty's Dad. (Bardsley side of family)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...