Sep 9, 2007

LIFE'S "little" SECRETS

Every Sunday I check the secrets at http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/ . It's an amazing collection of postcards, all anonymous, and all revealing a secret. I first learned about the book and website from a segment on GMA. I was immediately struck by the poignancy of the idea. Folks send in an illustrated postcard with a secret written on it. I often think about a secret I might send. And then I think about who might (or worse, might not) read that secret. But that's as far as I ever get.
I envy those who tell their secret and I hope that it gives them freedom and peace. I'd like that for myself. As for me, maybe my secret isn't that much of a secret. Sometimes I think that it's only a wish that will remain unfulfilled. Maybe it's just a fear? And therefore all the more hard to bear. Then I start to wonder about my Mother's secrets and wish she had shared more with me.
I don't know the answer to these questions but you should check out the website. It's a powerful place.
http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...