Apr 5, 2007

Orange Blossom Memories AKA Sweet Memories











Spring time in Visalia always brings gentle winds passing through my senses with the sweetest of all fragances. It passes quickly and I have to stop and deeply inhale. I'll hold my breath to preserve the feeling it evokes as long as possible. The aroma of the orange blossom returns again after the winter freeze
and the orchards are full of the delicate white flowers. This sweetness only lasts for a short time and is one of my favorite things about California. I wish I could bottle some to save for sharing.

I always think of my childhood trips to my Grandparent's sea shore home in Forked River, NJ. Our rest stops were always at a road side hamburger place my "Pop" loved and the Stuckey's for gas. For my "Mom", the pecan rolls were the best. And my favorite item in the store was the tiny vile that contained the "Orange Blossom" perfume. These were the best of times. It's no wonder I still love Spring time and orange blossoms...

2 comments:

Jacki said...

post script...last Sunday Emil took me and some of the kids to dinner at The Orange Blossom Special. An old train station / restaurant, outside of Exeter, located amidst orchards of the sweetest smelling oranges. Oh sweet heaven! And they have french fried sweet potatoes!! Bulya

amy said...

I LOVE sweet potatoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...